Friday, November 06, 2009

untitled 569

Following the post of Cosmo I felt quite bad because I haven't talked about the members of my family that sadly had past away, so I will say something of them. Luz was my aunt she died when I was a kid, near my birthday , it was quite weird that everybody was so sad that they weren't in the mood for celebrating your birthday though I never liked birthday parties, she was sick and in some point it was in some way a relief I never heard someone cry as desperate as my grandmother when she get the bad news, she live in a lost town in Hidalgo, she was pretty good at cooking, I remember that she used to prepare enormous quantities of food for an enormous family, I've heard some stories about her when I get older, about his husband and the difficult and strong character she had It was kind of my first approach to know what being dead means (I had weird dreams the night she past away). Feliciano was my grandfather,the most amazing stories about a person had being about him, is like if he was a superman for his family, stories about how he went to Mexico city from the same lost town in Hidalgo, how he without a help from an architect built his own house, how he enjoyed pulque , how he and my grandmother used to take care about people that wasn't even members of his family, how awfully poor they were and at the same time how happy they used to be, he liked box and my mother used to watch it with him, I used to watch box with my mother as a child, I don't have any memory about him he died when I was an infant, there is a weird story, about me seeing my grandfather after his death, there is some story even stronger about other member of my family talking with my aunt Luz (this person was an infant too), my mother always tell me how I was one of his favorites grandson, and how he nickname me muñequito. Francisco, was my uncle, he was the kind of person you imagine as a chilango, he used to dance danzones, he had such a picturesque life, he was an alcoholic we used to have problems with lots of people we didn't like to see her sisters having dates with boys, he die of cirrhosis , it was as if he knew he was about to die, I had some weird dreams about him the week in which he died, and some moths later, I was already a young adult and it was like the first real encounter with dead, I have some story that I kept like some kind of treasure, because most of his life he looked like a really though guy, when he couldn't drive because of his illness I became kind of his chauffeur in some occasions ,one of those days he told me he like my music, and that he would enjoyed listened more to it if he knew were to looked for it, it made me feel quite happy to see someone I didn't expect getting as closed as we could be, that's a great memory for me. Humberto, was the husband of my aunt Rosario, he was a very special character, he had a really though life, though he was never embittered by this, he lived his life with lot of passion, he loves Pittsburgh Steelers and Chivas with all his heart willing to fight to defend the honor of his teams, he hated Televisa so much, we used to pressure Nadia to get the better notes from all school, he was really good telling stories, and dancing rock n' roll, he died in a way i don't actually know, I'm living in another country and it was weird to see someone you knew and respect dying, is like being away makes you think it actually didn't happened, everytime I listened to Teen Tops I remember him instantly. I don't really know a lot of my other grandfather, but I now whant to know, I just know he was a member of the army , and that people in his town used to have fear of him, and that he had a tattoo he regretted all his life and tried to hide it a lot...

No comments: